Mission Hosting have developed this privacy statement so you are aware of the types of information collected on this website, who may receive that information, and for how long we keep it. While we have made every attempt to make this statement as clear as possible, you are very welcome to contact us if you need any further information.
Mission Hosting ("we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
This policy only applies to our site and governs the provision of our services. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site. If you see a capitalised word, it is defined in our terms of service.
Information We Collect From You
In order for you to create an account with Mission Hosting and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (https://secure.missionhosting.com). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. You can opt out of being included in Google Analytics here.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will severely restrict your ability to register for an account or use our Services. Information collected upon registration can be reviewed, changed, and modified freely through your account control panel.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To provide important information about your Services and Mission Hosting account via email which may include, but are not limited to:
- New Services notifications
- Domain registration status notifications
- Renewal notifications
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- When registering a domain your information will be passed on to the applicable domain registrar for that domain. Please see the Domain Registration section.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Mission Hosting are required to collect data relating to the registration of domain names and then share such data with the respective registry operator (depending on the top-level domain (TLD) you wish to register). The sharing and use of this data is a requirement of each TLD’s Registry Agreement with ICANN.
In order to provide you with domain name registration services, we typically require the following registrant data:
- Registrant Name
- Registrant Organisation (where applicable)
- Registrant Address
- Registrant Email
- Registrant Fax (where applicable)
- Registrant Phone number
Your registration data is necessary:
- to register the domain name;
- to provide the applicable registry with authoritative data to ensure the ongoing continuity, stability and resiliency of the DNS;
- for mitigation of DNS abuse, including but not limited to the investigation and mitigation of reported instances of abuse Mission Hosting considers to be contrary to the terms of its Acceptable Use Policy
Domain registration requires that your registrant data are disclosed in a publicly accessible database (the WHOIS database). This is a requirement by the registry operators for the provision of services. Access to your registrant data can be mitigated with the use of a "Domain Privacy" service; or in the case of .uk domains (managed by Nominet), can be opted out.
Retention of Information
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the Services or as otherwise set forth in this policy and our terms of service. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and protect Mission Hosting's legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our site, improve our Services, or comply with legal obligations.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. This includes our payment authorisation network, PayPal. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. Information you provide to us can be reviewed, changed, and modified freely through your account control panel. You may request deletion of your personal information by cancelling all services with us, and raising a ticket in your account.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 GBP to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, if you are a citizen or resident of the European Economic Area, you also have the right to (i) object to Mission Hosting's use of your personal information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office.
United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire
SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Telephone: +0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510
Last Updated: 25/05/2018